What do you think about when Easter comes around? When I was little, it was always the Easter Bunny, candy, eggs, and Family Circus Easter! My parents did a good job bringing Jesus into the picture, but I kind of pushed Him back out. This Easter, it was different. I feel like I was putting more into perspective what He did for me. My family and I watched "Passion of the Christ" on Friday night, and I don't think I have ever cried so much & so hard in my life. Just seeing the sacrifices He made for me was so hard to watch. He was spit on, beaten, whipped, laughed at, and then nailed to a cross to suffocate...and all for me. Every time the whip cracked down on His back, that was me sinning. Yet, through all that, all He said was "My heart is ready." He could have come down from the cross...but He knew what He had to do. In the end, it was accomplished.
My God loved me enough even then, to do that for me. ♥
This is wonderful, Alline! I can relate so well! We really do at times forget what Easter is about, I have yet to see the full movie of the passion but I have seen the whipping scene many times and it ALWAYS speaks to me.
ReplyDelete